Sunshine's Top 10 Favorite Sophomore Albums
10. The Dead Weather - Sea of Cowards
A tasty, distorted call and response that is tough to digest on the first listen but always gets better and better.
9. Four Year Strong - Rise or Die Trying
Fun powerful and catchy, Rise or Die Trying throws in powerful crowd chants that makes everyone who listens a part of something bigger than themselves, that and it kicks fucking ass.
8. James Taylor - Sweet Baby James
Simple, Beautiful, and proved that James Taylor was a musical force to be reckoned with in the softest way possible.
7. Common Market - Tobacco Road
Strong parables led by a quick mc with a sharp flow and strong passion.
6. Manchester Orchestra - Means Everything To Nothing
In your face, unabashed, raw, gritty southern rock that’s a perfect outlet for emotions you didn’t know you had.
5. Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
Arguably the finest soul singer of our generation whose music was brilliantly crafted.
4. Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3
Mastering accessible prog rock while showing musical depth and a propensity for emotive lyrics even though I don’t really understand the story.
3. Weezer - Pinkerton
Authentic and messy but with some real bangers and the best that Weezer has ever been.
2. A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
Its jazzy and beautiful and Phife blends well into a world where Q-Tip takes the lead. Probably the most charming hip-hop record out there.
1. The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely
When people try to show others how good Rock N Roll can be, they play them this album and if they don’t then they don’t really know.
“Demon Days” by Gorillaz
“Sea of Cowards” by The Dead Weather
Follow Us: On Instagram @thearkofenetwork , Twitter @thearkofe , Facebook : The Ark of E